PostHeaderIcon "Mayong Ibalon na Paroton"

You're right Andy! This blog is ours. Nobody must be inhibited to write the blog, at anytime, in whatever form, mood, or style. The purpose is plain communication; any style must be poignantly endearing to all Ibalonians. Am I correct, Mighty, Min, Vines, Pitmo, Jaze, Fatima, Totoy?

I'm feeling iffy about that "great" post that might alienate the young Ibalons. I assure you, Totie is still the regular guy. I hope my ubiquitous presence here won't be a bother to anyone.

Eden B. Fernando told me, "Ano daw ta an iba, pasyente ko na, dae pa nagpapabistong Ibalon sinda?" An sabi ko man, "kulang lang yan sa communication, baka nasusupog!" "But for what? " she asked.

I'll lament if you guys would do it here. Don't hesitate to speak your minds---To be a lurker (all the time) is a disservice. It's antithetical to Ibalon's tradition. Sabi ni Fems sagkod May Magdalene mayo baga daang Ibalon na paroton!

=0=

Suportado ko an grupo sa objetong kita mag-kasararo man guiraray. Dae ko aram kun pareho an mati kan Ibalon sa grupong nagserbing gabay kan kita si'punon pa, pano pa nin duda sa satuyang pagka-tawo. Ini sana, dakulang razon kita mag-ogma. An dalan na satuyang linakawan halawig na! =0=

Andy, what you recounted when we first talked a long while in that crowded Tutuban station wells my eyes. I thought of it as an epiphany of the joys and sadness we were to deal with in the years ahead.

I was acting like a big brother to you who was a year younger than me in Ateneo. I knew then we shared tall dreams of being doctors in a place away from our parents. I had the unease and trepidation that loomed over our shoulders knowing that UP was far from a picnic.

In Tutuban were disrespectful ticket fixers, but we patiently waited. Distracting us away from boredom and from the smell of sweat om that room which almost robbed our breathe, we talked as if we were at the foot of Mount Everest. On a clearing, Andy and I marvelled at the glory of the top. Unsure of ourselves though, we asked if we had the stamina to survive UP.

Now I can say, God has been magnanimous. Andy ended up in UP College of Medicine and I, in UERM. And we have UP Ibalon, the binding tie that we all share.

=0=

Kami Minagalang..... an maogmang proyecto nin kanta sagkod barayle kan UP Concert Chorus na patronicido kan UP Ibalon.

Dae ko maling'wan an souvenir program na guinibo ko sa direksiyon ni Nestor Raneses. Siisay daw satuya an may kopya? Lingaw na ako kun ano an sinurat ko para sa ipugay an mga pamosong kantante kan UP.

Kan nagadan si Bebeth Espeso, yaon ako sa Iriga. Sa bukid na-Arnel Malaya, sa tuktok nin kahoy, nagkakan nin star-apple (may kapaslu'an ano?)

Dae tulos kami nagpa-Legaspi ni Arnel para sa mahamison na prutas ha haloy ng tagama ni Mama Puring sagkod Papa Ben, magurang ni Arnel.)

Idto palan binawi'an na nin buhay si Bebeth. Kaya pag-kaaga, dae ko maintindihan ta si Yasmin dae nag-ngi-ngirit, mayong guirong. Biernes santo kami duman sa harong na Tibo David.

Nagsentir ako na su pinili kong cover kan Kami Minagalang souvenir program, itom na retrato kan Oblation. Dae ko aram, para sa iba, paligsok palan idto!
=0=

The UP Concert Chorus Bicol tour was supposed to be a happy event. But when the group performed at Colegio de Sta. Isabel auditorium, Ibalon's energy was at a low ebb. Nobody wanted to handle the strobe lights that Sabu Sabularse and others prepared to highlight the charged finale of the performance.

Ibalon wrongly entrusted the strobe's blinding blinks on my hands. Disaster!

I became fascinated to turn the strobes for each song I liked! Dae palan idto bagay sa kundiman! Then someone patted my back and said, "Tan'o ta pigpaparabukasan mo yan! Napo'on pa sana baga an concierto! Totie, magpundo ka daa ta para sa finale ang ilaw na iyan! Pinapa-avisohan ka ni Rey Paguio!!!" LOL!

Grabe si ngarak-ngakan na Ray Rayel, Mac Pavia, Julius y Arnel Malaya kan maaraman na ako an nagpag-kimat-kimat kan ilaw! Pulong-pulong si amigo ni Sabu na iyo an lights director.

Rey Paguio was UPCC's brilliant maestro-conductor who brought the Bikolanos songs from Bach to Bacharach. He had a flair for the music of San Pedro, Saint Saens, Vivaldi, Bernstein, Mozart plus a host of musical greats, including the originators of our local favorites like "Sinisinta kita," "Sarong Banggui," "Bayan ko,"and even that familiar Irish ditty, Londonderry Air (Danny Boy.) The pianist at that time was a prodigious talent from Albay.
=0=

Liwat kong paguiromdom sa mga Ibalons: "Queridos amigos y amigas, tabi man, dae kita mag-alangan na magposte (lalo na an mga jovenes diyan.) Kada linyang isurat nindo, sarong burabod nin kaogmahan! "

"Gabos kita talentosong mga tawo---an luya kan saro, kusog kan iba," iyo baga an sabi kan satuyang mga magurang! An karahayan kan pakikisumaro--- iguang kitang kusog para magamit para sa kadaklan.

Dae ta tabi maling'wan: bakong para siempre (forever) an blog. Habang igua, makisabay sa dalan kan pag-iriba.
=0=

The best part of Andy's post was on how romance bloomed on Nancy under the roving eyes of the disabled miserly Don Susano. I'm so thankful how God took care of you whom I haven't seen for so long! Ah! those blessed kids of yours! I trust they'll do well in their careers. It must be written in the genes and the stars!

I recall Nancy who used to grace some of our meetings before. Am I right she's Emily Sales' friend? I thought you guys crossed our talks when I went to Pili for the fiesta. Has Emily married? Is she still living in that ancestral home infront of the municipal hall? I recall the Sales family has a very delicious way of celebrating the town fiesta! The scrumptious leche flan, fruit salad, and lechon in that house were superb! The best ever, in Pilitown!

Would Emily still remember me? Extend my regards if you do see her. Tiyong Sesinando, her congenial dad, was a close friend of my father
=0=

Tsk...tsk... halaba na naman! Antes de salir, Andy, salamat boy sa recuerdos buenos mo para sako (those extra-kind words that left me thinking whether I deserved them!) Bago mag-go, gusto kong ipa-abot an sakong maibong na patara-tara kinda Abet Guballa, Amy Goleta, Tess General et al. na dae ko naguiromdoman sa enot na poste!

Dios bendiga saindo gabos! Mag-ingat kita sa gubot!

TotieM

Topics/Categories

Feedjit Live Blog Stats

Topics/Categories

Add to Technorati Favorites

Ateneo de Naga HS Batch 74

ABS-CBN News

GMA News.tv

Philippine Commentary

Inquirer Breaking News