PostHeaderIcon Echo Park, Los Angeles USA Penafrancia Fiesta

by Rafael Garcia & Totie Mesia


“Are you from Bicol?” the excited lady beside me shouted. It was the same question I asked the smiling guy I met at the church door as I stretched my neck for the familiar faces in the gathering of people.

I didn’t realize what I was up to with those people I met that afternoon. After the foodfest which brought to recall mom’s home-style cooking, I bonded with new friends that I couldn’t have met if not for Ina."









"It must be the same date, rain or shine, that fiestas had been recalled in many states and cities across the continental United States. With all the Bicolanos and their respective organizations from California to Chicago to Hawaii to Virginia, one might wonder how many Filipino-Americans pay tribute to the patroness of the Bicol region."













"As the chills of autumn set in and the soft slanted rays of the sun became more apparent in the early evening, a pork roast, a bottle of cold San Miguel beer and social dancing could well define the Penafrancia fun." ---Penafrancia in America =0=

===========================================================

Blog Archive

Topics/Categories

Feedjit Live Blog Stats

Topics/Categories

Add to Technorati Favorites

Ateneo de Naga HS Batch 74

ABS-CBN News

GMA News.tv

Philippine Commentary

Inquirer Breaking News