PostHeaderIcon Reactions to Michael Jackson’s Passing



“For so great a talent, his death is too soon. He has been taxed all his life. The guy of great fame has been under extreme pressure to keep an extraordinary life going. A wonderful human being that generations all over the world will remember.”---AFM, UP Ibalon-Bicol (06/26/09)

"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels. Words fail me."---Lisa Marie Presley, ex-wife of Michael Jackson. http://www.mtv.com (06/26/09, Vena, J)

"It's horrible news, so unexpected. The world has lost an icon and music has lost treasures. He wrote songs that generations of yesterday, today and tomorrow will all keep on singing. What he wrote was amazing."---Sophia Loren, Italian Actress. AP (06/26/09, Katz, J.)

"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour. I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown. I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family."---Rev. Al Sharpton, http://www.wcbstv.com/ (06/26/09, Dow J.)



"It's so sad and shocking…I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones." ---Sir Paul McCartney, Former Beatles. Telegraph,co.uk (06/26/09, Swain, J; Moore, M.)

“My son is 8 years old, and… he’s listening to this song, brand new, from him. Like, I’m rediscovering Michael Jackson again. It feels like when Kennedy died, when Elvis Presley died.”---Celine Dion, recording artist. New York Times (06/26/09, Paredes, J; Sisario, B; Stelter, B; Barnes, B.)

“I can’t stop crying over the sad news…I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless.”---Madonna, singer. US Post Today (06/26/09)

“I talked to him about it this morning. He said to me that obviously Michael Jackson was a spectacular performer and a music icon and I think everybody remembers hearing his songs and watching him moonwalk on television during Motown’s 25th anniversary. But the president also said aspects of his life were sad and tragic…His condolences went out to the Jackson family and to fans that mourned his loss.”---- White House Press Sec. Robert Gibbs about Pres. Barack Obama’s reaction. The Christian Science Monitor (06/26/09, Orr. J.)

"Everyone’s sad... Malaki talaga si Michael Jackson sa programa namin. Kung ‘di dahil sa kantang ‘Thriller’ ‘di magkakaroon ng global recognition ang mga inmates ng Cebu." ---Byron Garcia, provincial security consultant of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC) Philippines. GMANews.TV (06/27/09, Ubalde J. H.)

"My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael."---Brooke Shields, actress. People (06/26/09, freeman, M.)



"Michael Jackson enriched our lives, made us happy. The accusations, the persecution caused him so much financial and mental anguish. He was vindicated in court, but the battle took his life. There is probably a lesson here for all of us."---Imelda Marcos, widow of Pres. Ferdinand Marcos. AP/ GMANews TV (06/26/09)

“We lost a great entertainer and a pop icon. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Jackson's family, friends and fans.”--- Arnold Schwarzenegger. California Governor. TMZ (06/25/09)

“Michael Jackson will be remembered, most likely, as a shattered icon, a pop genius who wound up a mutant of fame. That's not who I will remember, however. His mixture of mystery, isolation, indulgence, overwhelming global fame, and personal loneliness was intimately known to me. For twenty years I observed every aspect, and as easy as it was to love Michael -- and to want to protect him -- his sudden death yesterday seemed almost fated.” ---Deepak Chopra, author. The Huffington Post (06/26/09) (Photo Credits:AP/ Getty Images; AP/ Lefteris Pitarakis; AP/ Michael Mariant; AP/ Ibrahim Usta)



RELATED BLOG: "King of Pop Michael Jackson is dead" Posted by mesiamd at 6/26/2009

=============================================================

Blog Archive

Topics/Categories

Feedjit Live Blog Stats

Topics/Categories

Add to Technorati Favorites

Ateneo de Naga HS Batch 74

ABS-CBN News

GMA News.tv

Philippine Commentary

Inquirer Breaking News